Monday, August 14, 2006

Drywall

As I said earlier, I had decided to contract out the drywall work -- it was pretty messy work, and also took a lot of time. Another factor was that it takes a while to master the 'art' of drywall finishing.

At the end of July, I was ready to call Ricky and get him and his guys to come over to hang and finish the drywall. I obtained the supplies and they came over to do the work. He charged me $19/sheet.

I decided to use Durarock for the shower area, and green-board for the rest of the bathroom (i think they just use greenboard in the shower normally, but all the docs said to use cement-board for showers). We ended up using 91 sheets of drywall (4x8), and about 4-5 of the cement-board (3x5). The drywall and supplies (drywall mud, tape, etc) was about $1100. The labor for hanging/finishing was about $1850. This put the current cost then at $8755

Images below:

































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home